AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool: Late drama as The Cherries stun Liverpool


An injury-time Nathan Ake goal left Liverpool shocked on the South Coast after AFC Bournemouth overturned a two-goal deficit twice.

Eddie Howe found his side 2-0 down at the half time break with Liverpool dominating proceedings. Sadio Mane put the Reds ahead as he carefully controlled a ball over the top by Emre Can and poked the ball past Artur Boruc.

Shortly after, Divock Origi doubled the visitors lead with a clever finish. Three points looked like they were going back up to Merseyside with Liverpool looking very much like the outfit that has seen them develop this season in to title contenders.


Delight for Howe: A memorable afternoon for the Cherries boss.

However, in the 55th minute Junior Stanislas was involved in a nasty challenge which saw him head to hospital after the game. Seemingly an irrelevant change, Ryan Fraser came on for the injured Englishmen and out of no where turned the game on its head.

Nearly straight after coming on Fraser was brought down by James Milner in the Reds penalty area. Jurgen Klopp was unhappy with the decision after the game but Howe will feel that justice has been served after a few dubious decisions against his side in recent weeks.

Callum Wilson stepped up and slotted the ball home to give the home side a fighting chance. But with 25 minutes to go Emre Can restored Liverpool’s two-goal cushion with a delightful finish on the edge of the Bournemouth box.

The game then ignited along with the home crowd. With 75 minutes on the clock eventual Man of the Match Fraser got back in on the action and scored his first ever Premier League goal. Steve Cook completed the comeback from close range as Liverpool boss Klopp became more and more irritated on the touchline.

Frustrated Klopp: The Reds boss was left reeling after his side threw away a 2 goal lead twice.

Frustrated Klopp: The Reds boss was left reeling after his side threw away a 2 goal lead twice.

Liverpool missed two chances to win the game as the referee added on 5 minutes. Dean Court then erupted in joy as Nathan Ake poked the ball in after a Karius error. This sparked memorable scenes at the full time whistle as Bournemouth recorded their first ever win against Liverpool.

Liverpool now sit in third four points behind leaders Chelsea and Bournemouth climb to 10th.

Klopp was visibly frustrated at the end of the game followed be a gleaming Howe. The Cherries now face Burnley away next weekend whilst Liverpool are back at Anfield to host West Ham.