Police hunt for Brussels bombing suspect

brussels

Two attackers have been named by prosecutors following the terror attacks on Brussels yesterday morning.

Police are still hunting for a third man seen on airport CCTV images.

The Brussel attacks came four days after the capture of Salah Abdeslam, the main fugitive in the Paris attacks last November.

Another man Mohamed Abrini is wanted and still on the run following the police raids on Friday.

Two blasts took place at Zaventem airport at 8am local time killing 11 people and injuring around 100 more.

A third bomb went off at Maelbeek metro station (close to the European Union headquarters) around half an hour later. 20 people died in the explosion with another 130 injured.

So-called Islamic state has said it was behind the attacks on Brussels yesterday as they have claimed responsibility saying it’s operatives had carried out “a series of bombings with explosive belts and devices”.

A later statement promised further attacks.

The two attackers have been named by prosecutors as brothers Khalid and Bramhim El-Bakraoui, they died after detonating suicide bombs.

They have been linked to last November’s deadly attacks in Paris.

brussels attackers

Police have launched a series of raids in a massive manhunt for the third suspect Najim Laachraoui who was seen on the airport CCTV images and escaped without detonating his own suitcase bomb.

Brussels airport has remained closed today and the metro is running a reduced service.

An explosive device containing nails, ‘chemical products’ and an Isis flag were discovered in a raid in Schaarbeek, a northern suburb of Brussels.

There have been four recent bombings in Ankara and Istanbul in Turkey since the October 15th attack on the Turkish capital which killed more than 100 people.

28 were killed and 61 injured in a car bomb explosion on February 17th this year and another car bomb killed 37 and injured 125 people on the 13th of March.

Just last week, five people were killed and over 30 injured in an attack.

Turkey is part of the US-led coalition against IS and allows coalition planes to use its air base at Incirlik for raids on Iraq and Syria.

Turkey have been on high alert after suffering from the string of deadly terrorist attacks.

Istanbul’s, once one of Europe’s most popular tourist destinations, tourism is suffering immensely following the attacks.

Sadly, one of the effects that attackers will view as a ‘success’.

The Belgian Prime Minster Charles Michel has said Belgium will have three days of national mourning.

A minutes silence was held today in central Brussels for the victims.

Belgium has asked EU ministers to meet and discuss the attacks.

Donald Trump, Republican candidate for the US Presidential election, reactions has been said to be ‘dangerous‘ after he called for the closing of the boarders.

As seen after other recent terror attacks, people of the world unite through twitter and share artist cartoons as a response to the terror and tragedy.