It’s Friday night. The Goodman’s haven’t asked you to Friday night dinner yet, but whilst you and Wilson wait for your invitation, feel free to whip up this lovely crimble crumble in the meantime.
This recipe is not dog-friendly, but if you would like to make this recipe something both man and dog can enjoy, replace the flour with crushed up dog biscuits. (Legal disclaimer: please don’t do that, you know how badly Lydia’s birthday cake went).
For the filling
500g of any apples (or green ones from your schmoigle)
3 tablespoons caster sugar
A bit of cinnamon
For the (crimble) crumble bit
120g butter, cold
120g caster sugar
150g plain flour
How Jackie does it
- Preheat your oven to 180C or gas mark 4.
- Peel and core your apples and cut them up into chunky cubes.
- Put the apples in a bowl and stir in the sugar and cinnamon so everything is evenly covered.
- Put the apple into a shallow baking dish.
- In another bowl, cut up the butter and rub it into the sugar and flour until you have something that looks roughly like breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle your breadcrumbs over the apple in the dish.
- Bake for about half an hour or until the crumble is golden.
- Shut the window so Jim can’t get in.
We hope this recipe makes your Friday night really special. Shalom to you all!